Personality Traits Board Game
Students play a board game to talk about the personality traits of their family and friends using adjectives for describing people.
Topic: Describing people
Time: 30 minutes
- Make one copy of the Game Board for each group.
Students get into groups of 4 or 5 people.
Give one Game Board to each group.
Ask students to get two coins for their group, and a space marker for each person.
How to use the coins:
Heads, heads = move 1
Tails, tails = move 2
Heads, tails = move 3
Students put their space markers on Start. The first student flips the two coins, moves the corresponding number of spaces on the game board, and follows the instructions on the game board.
- Adjective = talk about a family member or friend who has the personality trait. Give an example (e.g., My sister is selfish. She never thinks of me.).
- Arrow = answer the question, then follow the arrow to jump ahead on the game board.
- Trade places = trade places (space markers) with another person on the board game.
- Go ahead = move the designated number of spaces forward on the board game.
- Go back = move the designated number of spaces backward on the board game.
Students continue taking turns. The first student to reach Finish is the winner.
This Activity is also available here: