Lesson 15: Review
Students review material about UK and US geographical and historical facts, and their political, economic, and social systems. Students explain how they accomplished their goals this semester.
Time: 90 minutes
- Review material about UK and US geographical and historical facts, and the political, economic, and social systems.
- Describe how they accomplished their goals this semester.
- Observe students answers during the Jeopardy game.
- Read notebooks.
- Make one copy of Jeopardy Questions for the teacher.
- KWL Charts (from Lesson 1)
Goals for the Semester (10 minutes)
- Ask students to think about the goals they set at the beginning of the semester.
- Ask students to write a comment next to their goals in their Homework Notebook.
- “Did you accomplish your goals?”
- “What did you do and what do you still need to do?”
KWL Chart (20 minutes)
- Pass back the KWL charts from the first lesson about what the students knew about the US and UK and what they wanted to know about the US and UK.
- Ask the students to get back into the same groups as the first lesson.
- Ask the students to read what they wrote.
- Ask the students to write in their notebooks, “What did you learn this semester in this class?”
Jeopardy Review Game (45 minutes)
- Draw a game board with 5 categories horizontally (i.e., history, geography, government, economy, social systems) and 5 rows of points vertically (i.e., 100, 200, 300, 400, 500).
- Ask the students to get into groups of 4 or 5 people.
- Explain the categories represent the type of question and the numbers represent the difficulty (e.g., History for 100 is an easier question than History for 500).
- Teacher reads the question. Any group can try to answer. The first group to raise their hand can answer the question.
- If the group answers the question correctly, they can get the points. If the group answers the question incorrectly, they lose the points. Keep track of points on the board.
- The group that answers the question correctly can choose the next category.
- Categories can only be chosen in order (e.g., History for 500 can not be chosen before History for 400).
- The winner is the group with the most points at the end of the game.
Q&A (15 minutes)
- Ask the students to look at their homework questions and/or responses to ask additional questions about the unit.
- Study for the Final Exam.
This Activity is also available here: