Feelings Board Game
Students play a board game in groups. Students use adjectives for describing feelings and emotions to talk about their past experiences.
Topic: Feelings and emotions
Time: 30 minutes
- Make one copy of the Game Board for each group.
Students get into groups of 4 or 5 people.
Give one Game Board to each group.
Ask students to get two coins for their group, and a space marker for each person.
How to use the coins:
Heads, heads = move 1
Tails, tails = move 2
Heads, tails = move 3
Students put their space markers on Start. The first student flips the two coins, moves the corresponding number of spaces on the game board, and follows the instructions.
- Adjective = answer the question, “When was the last time you felt…” (e.g., sad = When was the last time you felt sad?)
- Arrow = answer the question, then follow the arrow to jump ahead on the game board.
- Trade places = trade places (space markers) with another person on the board game.
- Go ahead = move the designated number of spaces forward on the board game.
- Go back = move the designated number of spaces backward on the board game.
Students continue taking turns. The first student to reach Finish is the winner.
This Activity is also available here: